Month 4 highlights
- Bedtime: 6:30-7pm to 6am (11 hours). What do you know? His bedtime finally shifted up from his usual 8pm to a much more normal 6 to 7pm.
- Naps: just like clockwork, Ascher’s morning nap is now a solid 1-2 hours and his noon and afternoon naps are at least another hour each. So he naps for 4-5 hours and sleeps about 11 hours at night, for a total of 14-15 hours, textbook baby!
- nap 1: 8 to 9am
- nap 2: 11 to 12pm
- nap 3: 2 to 3pm
- optional nap 4: 5 to 5:30pm
- Stays awake: 1.5-2 hours. For the first time ever, we can now stretch his awake time to two full hours, if we absolutely need to. This is a huge improvement from when he was one month old and only able to stay up for an hour at a time.
- Solids: At the 4 month check up, the dr reminded me that if I wanted, I am free and clear to start feeding solids. The research hasn’t bore out the previous recommendation of waiting til six months. Something like that. I grinned in excitement. He’s growing so fast that it’s already time for purees!
- Sizing: size 9 months shirts/pants and size 3 diapers.
- Favorites: This guy is so strong that he absolutely LOVES standing… on the floor, on your lap, anywhere. The day he turned 4 months, we brought out the jumperoo and he can’t get enough of it! We don’t even need to put pillows on the bottom like we did with Ollie since he can reach the floor all on his own already.
- Drooling: Out of nowhere, saliva just started running down his chin at 3.5 months and hasn’t really stopped. It’s so weird buying bibs because Ollie never really wore any.
- Rolling: A couple days before he turned 4 months, he rolled over unassisted all by himself. I didn’t think he’d hit this milestone so soon, esp bc the dr warned that big babies usually do this later bc it’s harder to move so much mass (haha).
- Head circumference: 44.2 cm (98th %)
- Height: 27 inches (98th %)
- Weight: 18 lbs 9 oz (95th %)
The dr said that if we continued on this trajectory, Ascher will be over six feet tall (how AWESOME would that be??). This is unlikely though, as he will likely taper off on his growth. But in the meantime, I can’t help but be amazed at how he’s rapidly outgrowing all of Ollie’s hand-me-downs.