Sure it’s taken me a while to get back into my cooking groove when it came to myself, but I’ve loved every minute of making new foods for Baby O.
This stew sounded so delicious but I was unsure whether the strong flavors (lemon grass and star anise) would deter him. Guess my fear was unfounded because he loved it! And the bonus? I made a batch for us and a batch for him and we loved it too!
Ingredients for babe
- 1 pound boneless beef short ribs, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 stalk of lemon grass, chopped into one inch sections
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and smashed
- 1 whole star anise pods
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 cup daikon radish, peeled and cut into 1-inch lengths
In a pyrex dish (9×11 is more than sufficient), combine all ingredients.
- Bake at 350 until beef is tender, approx one hour.
To make a separate adults friendly batch, just season and brown the meat (3 lbs makes enough for two meals for two), add a couple thai chiles (pierced with seeds intact), and combine all ingredients in a cast iron pot. Cook on stovetop for a couple hours on medium-low heat until tender.
Recipe adapted from here and Ollie approved.
Do you have a fave recipe to share? Baby or otherwise? I’d love to test it out for the lil guy!