This was a nice simple meal for a Sunday night. SO easy to make and this recipe naturally makes a double batch, so I put aside the extra pot pie filling for Baby Ollie before seasoning the rest of the batch for us. So comforting to eat and delicious to boot!
- 1/4 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup diced celery, two stalks
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
Directions for babe
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in oil until translucent. Add chicken, carrots, peas, and celery and saute for another 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Stir in flour, tarragon, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken stock and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick.
- Let mixture cool. Puree until desired consistency.
Additional directions for the rest of the fam
- As above, but add salt and pepper in step 1.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pour the chicken mixture into the bottom pie crust. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from here